[talk-au] Road numbers in Garmin

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:54:10 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> NH20 particularly bothers me.
> Nowhere on the Sturt is there a current sign which says NH20.
> It's 20 or A20 according to the state boundaries.
>
> I'm sure others can point out great inconsistencies with other highways.
> Can we decide what labels to put on the roads?

NH is national highway. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#Route_Numbers

In my experience these guidelines are only partly followed.

I suspect showing them on the Garmin maps is a function of the software used
to generate the maps. None of the OSM-based maps I have seen have them. I
think it would be a really useful addition though.

 - Ben.