[talk-au] state of the nation

Peter Ross peter at emailross.com
Tue Sep 2 12:25:16 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> sadly the image is too big to go as an attachment
> the images are on my server
>
> this is 110MB of Australia.osm in josm
> took about 20 min and all my RAM and swap to get this to display
>
> http://billiau.net/~liz/Screenshot.png
> and the compressed version at http://billiau.net/~liz/Screenshot.jpg

Love the fact that the populated areas are just pure black, while for
the empty areas you can see the individual road houses.  Reminds me
looking at maps of Australia in globes and see what town they have
decided needs to go in the great big empty place that is Australia.  I
can just see the cartographers going, there has to be something there
so lets just pick something to go there.