[talk-au] GPS recommendation

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Thu Sep 11 07:25:01 BST 2008

> Interested to hear others opinions on what they use, and what they
> like about it and what they don't.

I use my Garman 60CSx, it goes on my belt, on my bike, or my windscreen, it
stores trackes forever at 1 sec intervals, and loads OSM maps, etc..

BUT, it I were buying another GPS for OSM use, I would really want an NMEA
data logger, one that kept the NMEA accuracy calculation.  I know the
Garman's don't do this, only saving a GPX log.  I would be such a nice
feature to only include the GPS points that are 5m accuracy or better.

Ian.