[talk-au] GPS recommendation

Thomas Sprinkmeier thomas.sprinkmeier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:26:17 BST 2008

> I'd prefer to use one that somebody else has used so I know it will be
> suitable for OSM.  Any suggestions?

I bought a DG-100 at the Map Shop in Adelaide:
http://www.mapshop.net.au/gpslptps.htm

Takes 2 AA's, recharges via USB, talks to gpsbabel, 18-hours memory at
one point per second, external antenna connection.

I'm very happy with it, though it's the first GPS I've ever owned to I
have no idea how it compares to others out there.

Thomas
--
When they came for the photographers I did
     nothing because I don't have a camera