[talk-au] GPS recommendation

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 02:46:06 BST 2008

I hadn't heard of that one before.  Do you have any idea how long it
operates as a GPS on battery?  The GPS I have now is a multifunction
device - it goes for hours without the GPS on, but turn the GPS on and
it dies quickly.  It is going to be used in the car with power, the
one I'm looking to buy is for use on a bike and foot  - there's a lot
of paths connecting up this area I want to go and map.  It says "up to
380 hours" on the website, but I'm thinking that's with all the extras
turned off.  Most of my foot/bike mapping trips are only a couple of
hours long, but it would be good if it can do a day or so for the odd
longer hiking trip.

Stephen