[talk-au] Boundary questions.

Ben Murphy murf at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 14 11:08:07 BST 2009

Hi Liz,

Looks ok to my untrained eye so-far:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-34.6257&lon=146.3141&zoom=14&layers=B000F
TF

Nice work!
Cheers,
Ben.

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-au-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-au-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Liz
Sent: Sunday, 12 April 2009 9:16 PM
To: talk-au at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Boundary questions.

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Nick Hocking wrote:
> 2) If a suburb follows a road or river should part of the boundary way be
> deleted and replaced with that part of the road or river.
>
> 3) How can we determine if a boundary follows the centre of the road/river
> or maybe one or other sides of it.

I've just been replacing big hunks of Murrumbidgee River with the imported
boundaries
In the first place most of the Murrumbidgee was imported by vmap, which
didn't
do a great job with regard to the twists and turns of the river. Some has
been handdrawn, and some of that was no better, depending on how tired I was

at the time.

So where the ABS boundaries show a great improvement (eg the river goes
under
the bridges and lines up with landsat images, I've now used those for the
Bidgee along a section - mostly Narrandera to Darlington Point.

I need to know if this doesn't work when it gets to the renderer, and if so
what we could do about it.