[talk-au] Cabonne Shire Roads

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Apr 16 11:22:20 BST 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Nick Hocking wrote:
> "Please, guys, don't copy road names from anywhere."
>
> I'll second third and fourth that. There are Easter eggs everywhere. A
> quick visual check of  different copyrighted maps quickly shows the
> presence of these.  A town or suburb usually has at least one.  A 10 minute
> check of Dubbo found no less than eight!
>
> The last time I looked none of dubbo's had made it into OSM but elsewhere I
> have found, and removed a few easter eggs.

and this is the very nice reply from Cabonne Shire

The reason you do not see any road name signs for this road is because it has
not yet been formally named. The RTA proposed to rename this road (from Cudal
to Cowra) as Wiradjuri Way/Hwy several years ago, but that proposal seems to
have ground to a halt. If I recall correctly both Cowra and Cabonne Councils
agreed to this in principal but the matter did not proceed, probably due to
some staff changes within the RTA.
For our purposes we refer to it as Canowindra Road and that is the name that
has been used for rural addressing purposes.