[talk-au] [OSM-talk] definition of the main highway-tag

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 04:07:29 BST 2009

--- On Sat, 1/8/09, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> A long standing convention on a printed Australian map is
> that a road which is
> unsealed is drawn with a broken line of the same colour and
> width as the road
> would have if it was sealed.

That is to do with rendering, not how the data is stored, and there is numerous other differences with how we normally see maps drawn and the OSM default.

I have permission to keep using a work server to host a map server for the foreseeable future, all we need is suitable graphics and a suitable style sheet and we can produce maps that we're used to.

While I can help with hosting, I have no graphic ability what so ever so we'd either need to pool money to pay someone or hope someone wants to donate a style :)