[talk-au] council street directory

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 06:22:39 BST 2009

--- On Sun, 2/8/09, Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> but this year has a pdf of an A1 map.
> Quicker advocacy could have got us on their website, but we
> still could
> feature there if someone would talk to the council.

Unfortunately I think it will take a formalised organisation to talk to these councils rather than just a bunch of volunteers. The State of the Spain map actually talks about this exact situation and they ended up forming a local chapter, but that entails a lot of work as well. I don't know how much better it would be approaching this from I'm officially with OSM in the UK would fare.

It's not an easy topic and would need to be dealt with properly, especially the more populated area councils so it wasn't messed up.