[talk-au] Australian Rendering

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 13:23:44 BST 2009

--- On Sun, 2/8/09, cam_daw at fastmail.fm <cam_daw at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I like the proposal of fuel=wood/gas/electric for bbqs :)
> Only problem with that proposal, is that I'd have to go out
> again and
> survey all the bbqs I've already put in :P

You should always enter all pertinent information :) Pity I'm guilty of the same thing :)

> Anyway, I'd like to see bbqs rendered at the max zoom
> level, perhaps
> benches too.

Just need a bench icon. Ash had 2 types of picnic tables but no benches :)

> Just today I've mostly finished off Marsden Park, and with
> the exception
> of 1 bbq, 1 bench / shelter, and 1 waste_basket, and a few
> boundaries,
> it's complete ... and it's choc-full of benches with
> backrests =D
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-34.075996&lon=150.803651&zoom=18&layers=B000FTFT

We need some more zoom levels, it's not good to display everything even at the current max zoom level, I can imagine this would come in handy for zoos and the like.

> I'll hopefully participate more in this list in future,
> I've only just
> discovered it from the recent little Canberra mapping party
> a month ago.

Welcome to the list! :)