[talk-au] Trivia - Husband and Wife Team

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:15:44 BST 2009

"does George street in Sydney count? It intersects with a lot of other
streets..."

Unfortunately the Sydney OSM data does not go back quite that far but Wiki
states that George street was named after
King George III. He only had one wife, Duchess Sophia Charlotte of
Meckelenburg-Strelitz (Queen Charlotte).

I cant find any intersecting street named after her, maybe we'd have better
luck with a Henry Street :-)

Yes - Ben and Amy streets are a good example.

The example I found (Hinde Street and Barbara Jefferis Street in Franklin
ACT) is a bit different in that the roads are not
related to where the people lived. However they were both Australian writers
or journalists which is the theme for
that area.

On another topic - close to these two roads is Heanke Street which is named
after Helen Haenke.
I've tagged it Heanke Street since that is what is on all the street signs
but it should be Haenke Street.

I've included tag of alt_name = Haenke Street so that hopefully search code
will find the match.

Nick