[talk-au] newbie Potlatch question

jhen at talk21.com jhen at talk21.com
Tue Aug 4 07:39:53 BST 2009

Thanks again John.

It seems that was the problem.  In my case I found the Sun Java executable at /usr/java/default/bin/java

All working when I run that one.

--- On Tue, 4/8/09, John Smith <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com> wrote:
That's what happens when the Open-JRE is set as the default, you need to set the sun-jre as the default, or setup a desktop icon something like this:

Edit /usr/share/applications/josm.desktop and paste the following into it:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=JOSM
Comment=Import GPX files and upload Open Street Map data
Exec=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java -jar /usr/share/java/josm-tested.jar
Icon=josm.png
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=Application;Network;
MimeType=application/x-GPS-Exchange-Format