[talk-au] Railtrails

Evan Sebire evan at sebire.org
Wed Aug 5 11:09:23 BST 2009

I would have thought that the tag highway=path would be more appropriate.
After that follow what is in the wiki guidelines.  I don't think we should
necessarily appeal to the majority/minority on a particular path, but describe
its properties.
I was labelling many hiking paths as footway but have now seen it is better to
use path and add properties such as horse, bicycle and sac_scale.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:sac_scale

Evan