[talk-au] 4wd_only

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 12:41:59 BST 2009

--- On Wed, 5/8/09, b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au <b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au> wrote:

> Otherwise 4wd_only=yes could mean "any road which is
> signposted as 4wd_only", regardless of legality.

If it's signed on a public road sign it most likely is legally enforced since you would be disobeying a legal directive.

However I haven't heard of anyone being ticketed, not that it hasn't happened but it didn't make the news.

I'm not sure what the legality of a NPWS signs are, since that isn't the same thing as a regular public road.

In any case, it's on a sign and it's verifiable which is the basic premise of mapping with OSM.