[talk-au] Australian Rendering

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 02:57:41 BST 2009

--- On Wed, 5/8/09, b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au <b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au> wrote:

> From a rendering perspective I'd suggest thick black
> lines either side of the way. Like a bridge rendering but
> without the little extensions which stick out at either end.
> So, basically just a black edge highlighting.

That might look a little too much like a bridge for people to easily distinguish between bridges and potential water crossings.

> Not sure how you'd render a node other than by a
> "ford crossing" icon. But if were to make one then
> it's probably best if we were consistent throughout
> Australia by making all fords either nodes or ways. I
> didn't bother following the previous discussion on fords
> so can't really judge on the best approach.

The only discussion I started/was party to was on what to use, not how to use it, so I have no idea either, but when I noticed some of my ways not rendering I changed them so they did.