[talk-au] 4wd_only

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Thu Aug 6 12:24:45 BST 2009

John Smith wrote:
> While it's not my proposal I updated it to match the current aussie guidelines. Please vote for it if you are in favour of this tag so we can get 4WD Only tacked on the end of road ways.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/4WD_Only
>
> Australian Tagging Guidelines, based on talk-au threads.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#4WD_only_track

I started this proposal a while ago (Jan maybe?), but it sort of got
lost in the surface=*/smoothness=* barney... (which in all honesty needs
to be revisited, seeing as the current surface tag is pretty lacking)

Anyway, thanks for kicking it off again, and I was going to say that I
give it 6 hours before some dickhead goes "but what about my Lamborghini
- that's 4WD", but I noticed it's already happened on the main list...
mapping by committee at it's finest.

Matt