[talk-au] mailing lists and replying to them.

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Aug 7 10:28:33 BST 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Sam Couter wrote:
> John Smith <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Any point in asking to have this list default changed to reply to list or
> > would that be inviting a pointlessly endless argument with no outcome?
>
> You'll get me posting this, as I do on every list that this discussion
> comes up on:

> I understand but will never accept the opposing position as I use a mail
> client that does handle reply-to-list correctly and have no sympathy for
> people who choose to use poor quality software when better alternatives
> exist.

So do I, and have it set that a reply-to from this folder will go the list
and as a result of my sort system
have sent emails to the list which didn't concern the list at all

so the trouble can go both ways.
I think it would be nice if we had the list reply-to set to reply to the list.
Apparently even advanced systems like gmail can't cope as well as minority
systems like kmail with reply to list.