[talk-au] Basic search, first attempt

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 09:42:56 BST 2009

I've been looking for some kind of simple search that can be added to the map page, so far I haven't found anything open source or something I can easily hack into a website so I've cooked up a proof of concept search that just does streets/towns and at this stage opens up on the OSM site and displays the way/relation.

I've integrated this with the new map layout and some JS to make it all just work.

http://maps.bigtincan.com/index-new.php

I've tried to code for simple combinations so far, and if you manage to stump it I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what you were searching for.

Oh and the code converts St to Street etc, but I may not have remembered all combinations of abbreviations, I just used the list we built for the validator plugin.