[talk-au] Webpage layout

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 10:49:55 BST 2009

--- On Mon, 10/8/09, b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au <b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au> wrote:

> Well, your search certainly works
> *much* faster than the namefinder search on

I can cheat with town names, Australia has just under 10,000 localities, although it's still expensive to do a wildcard text search on all highways.

> yournavigation.org. I think that they use an old version of
> Gosmore though. Last time I tried it it wouldn't route
> through an un-named round-about, for example.

I downloaded what ever the lated code from SVN is, although gosmore doesn't add surface=unpaved as a lower weighting.

> Would you be aiming to, eventually, programme it to set
> start/stop points via a click on the map? Basically the only

yournavigation allows some pointy clicky routing so I'll see if I can figure out how they did it and add it to the site as well, the only concern I have is how to build that into the site I guess.

> thing I still use Google Maps for is route distance
> measurement so it would be great to have an OSM-based way to
> do this.

I try not to use google routing where possible, it's sent me up the garden path way too many times, I refer to it as being 'googled' :)