[talk-au] [OSM-legal-talk] Non-existant streets

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 04:34:12 BST 2009

I received non-legal opinions from the legal-talk list and the best solution given was to use a barrier=* and no-turning restrictions to highlight the fact that nothing is there.

We could also tag things as an area, landuse=* from sat imagery to indicate the area has been mapped, rather than let people assume otherwise.

Other than that everything else might be too borderline. It was suggested we host our own overlay information but I think that just shifts the copyright debate away from OSM but could still potentially get someone else in trouble.