[talk-au] Highway page and Aus tagging guidelines page is inconsistent

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Sun Aug 16 01:05:37 BST 2009

Hi all,

While looking at the wiki page describing the highway tag[0] recently,
I noticed that the Australian entry in "International Equivalence"
doesn't match what is on the Australian Tagging Guidelines page, and
what actually gets mapped.

For example it says that in states with MABC classifications, A should
be primary not trunk, and B should be secondary not primary, and so
on. I'm not sure if the other bits in the entry are correct, such as
which are "state maintained" and so on, so I haven't changed anything
yet. Does anyone know which of the other bits are correct and which
aren't?

[0] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway