[talk-au] Question about route numbers

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Thu Aug 20 03:59:45 BST 2009

Just a couple of questions about route numbers before I start adding
some relations.

1. When should I start using Alphanumeric numbers? For an example, the
Mid Western Highway between Bathurst and Cowra is currently NH24, but
some signs have shown A41 (now coverplated over by NH24). Should I use
the new A41 or the current NH24?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.4299&lon=149.5466&zoom=13

For another example, when in Dubbo last weekend on the Mitchell
Highway, I spotted A32 on one intersection only, all the others still
showing NH32.

2. Not really a question - last time I was in Brisbane (several years
ago) there was an alternate route for what was then NH15 (now A15),
but labelled 'Business 15' (in white shield I think). I have no idea
if it is still labelled as this route, but if so do we need bus_NR in
the list of highway refs? (Anyone nearby who can check what the
current label is?) Here's the link to the southern end of the old
route (note the road, labelled 'Warwick Road' has 'NH15' on OSM.)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-27.66283&lon=152.74031&zoom=16

Mark P.
"They offered to transport me back to any point in history that I would
  care to go, and so I had them send me back to last Thursday night, so
  I could pay my phone bill on time."
  (Weird Al Yankovic, "Everything You Know Is Wrong")