[talk-au] Newbie intro

Appleton Dale hangie1 at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 23 11:17:04 BST 2009

G'day all,

A quick introduction, I'm starting out mapping the blank bits of
country Victoria round my place, including some of the National Parks
nearby.  I'm using a combination of iPhone, various Garmin receivers
and the odd Trimble to do the work.

I've been enjoying reading the discussion on the status of 4WD
tracks. Here in Vic there are three legal classes of tracks within
National Parks and State forests: Management Vehicles Only  (MVO),
seasonally closed and open.  All other signs (4WD, dry weather only)
are advisory and have no legal status.  I'm not sure how this would
be best reflected in OSM!

I look forward to learning heaps more here.

Cheers