[talk-au] Tentative data source - Sunshine Coast Council

Jeff Price jeff.price at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:51:25 BST 2009

The Sunshine Coast Council (Qld) have agreed to supply shapefile formatted data for their road centrelines and I should soon get a copy of the terms.  While I outlined the OSM requirements for external data sources I'm sure there will be a few quirks for which I'll need help from the legal people here.

Before getting to far ahead of myself, I'll also try to sub-set of the shapefile data (eg a couple square km) where we have partial mapping so that those much more experienced than me can determine the best way to utilise the data.

The data would be supplied via cd-rom and upon request new data files would be provided (ie we have to set ourselves a bi-monthly calendar reminder).

The council are also interested in correcting errors in their own data given that today they are largely corrected via public complaints and subsequent site surveys.  If someone has some wizzy ideas on how to determine the difference between the datasets then you'd have some happy council campers.

Jeff