[talk-au] Fwd: Re: [OSM-talk] Why PD is not better for business

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Dec 11 10:02:09 GMT 2009

so we don't need imported data?

Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Why PD is not better for business
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009
From: paul youlten <paul.youlten at gmail.com>
To: Liz <edodd at billiau.net>

Liz,

The coastline I did back in the "old days" was between Hastings in
Sussex and Folkestone in Kent. I did this by walking along the high
tide mark with my GPS. Bits of coastline that were inaccessible (e.g:
Harbors, cliffs and off shore islands) were done with the assistance
of Yahoo Aerial photos.

Really, we made perfectly good street maps without importing data for
some years before people started bulk importing data.

PY

--
Tel: +44(0) 7814 517 807

BOFH excuse #193: