[talk-au] Sports Clubs

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:41:52 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what he's talking about, but most of those places have pokies,
> but aren't exclusively pokie dens.

>buildings that are run by (or for), are named
>after, and support a sports club or organisation, but actually don't
>have any thing to do with sport at that point.  They're really a
>restaurant, bar, and gambling location.

I'm still trying to see how this is very different from "amenity=pub"
with another "amenity=pokies" (or whatever), and "name=Smithtown
Crocodiles Sports Club". Would it render differently from a pub?
What's the significance of the different tag - does someone with a map
need to know that this pub+pokies+restaurant is somehow special?

OTOH, a tag that combines "pub+pokies+restaurant" *would* be useful,
as there are rather a lot of them. Regardless of whether they're
associated with sports clubs. Zagames (google it if needed) is another
example: a commercial venue combining restaurant, bar, and pokies. I
guess they're known as "entertainment venues" or "bistros" or
whatever.

Steve