[talk-au] Intro video to OSM in Australia

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:08:26 GMT 2009

2009/12/16 Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> An idea came to me the other day about some kind of intro to OSM
>> video, with a noticibly Australian slant to it.
>>
>> I've seen a couple of intro videos for different editors, but I had
>> something else in mind, where we could cover things like getting and
>> using a GPS and encouraging people to upload their traces especially
>> if they go into parts of Australia away from the coast.
>>
>> Part 2 could show/highlight examples of people turning their or other
>> peoples traces into mapping information.
>>
>> Part 3 might cover common Australian specific topics like fords, how
>> to make roundabouts
>
> Nice idea, why not? Who would this be aimed towards, though? Decide
> that before deciding on content...

Well the first part is mostly off-road type enthusiests that could
help improve the amount of GPX data available to make maps.

Part 2 would be to help turn some of those enthusiests into mappers

Part 3 is for OSM AU users to help point out AU specific and regional
features that aren't nessicarily on the map features wiki page.