[talk-au] Intro video to OSM in Australia

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:11:51 GMT 2009

Hi,
wandermap.net already donates tracks to OSM.
Having more people contact varies sites; everytrail.com; wikiloc.com;
bikely.com; bikemap.net and explain the benifit of both showing
OpenCycleMap as a slippymap and donating GPS tracks. ... Will help.

Im now regularly using the Google Earth KML overlay with OSM & OCM.

I think once that gets more notice, we will see an influx of contributors.

I promote people using other track sharing sites (like bikeMap.net)
BECAUSE it shows OCM.
And then i explain that to help make the map better, people can donate
tracks to OSM & edit the map.

Yup, im also working on a little intro video. Great ideas :-)

Sam