[talk-au] Suburb boundaries

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:51:38 GMT 2009

2009/12/22 Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com>:
> Draw another way beside it or something but make sure you don't accidently delete them.

When making postcode boundaries I'm starting to really agree with you,
people using roads especially make a complete mess of things at times
and you can't easily see the boundaries in JOSM. Although that is as
much of a failing of JOSM to display boundaries better too.

I think it's suitable to use boundaries for rivers/streams especially
where there is no hi-res imagery or GPS traces, other than that it
would be nice if JOSM didn't auto add nodes to boundaries when you are
drawing roads etc.

I wonder if there would be worth filing a request for enhancement
against JOSM so it doesn't display boundaries by default, you need to
load a boundary layer and/or specifically ask for the boundary to be
loaded in the same layer.