[talk-au] NearMap PhotoMap imagery for OSM

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:16:49 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem I'm really trying to solve is with the slippymap plugin,
>> because it is compiled and the URL isn't easily setable/changeable by
>> a user, there is no options to tweak the URL in the plugin
>> interface/settings
>
> This isn't "easy", but you could try...going to the "Advanced
> Settings" tab, and add a "slippymap.custom_tile_source_1" as described
> at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins/SlippyMap
>
> (note I haven't tested this myself)

Ok, I tried this myself and it doesn't work, seemingly because the
slippymap plugin attempts to fetch tiles from <url>/*/*/*.jpg, rather

Something like that. This problem seems to be the motivation for
Morb_au's "hosted Apache mod_rewrite instance" (details:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nearmap#JOSM)

This is still a bit yuck. Anyone made any progress?