[talk-au] Portrush Road, Adelaide

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 01:43:16 GMT 2009

I've used NearMap for this sort of thing on roads that I am
familiar(ish) with, it gives you a pretty good idea of when it's a
painted line and when it's a hard strip. One bit of fun to look out
for is where the road is divided by pegs (bits of Princes Highway in
Sydney), but if you zoom in and know what you are looking for you can
even see these some of the time.

cheers

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM,  <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> Just a note.
> Was using Navit for navigation into Adelaide (although we do know the way)
> and noticed the right turn at the bottom of the big hill into Portrush
> Road was followed by a left turn in 20 metres, which isn't the way you see
> it as a driver.
> I think that this is the result of Portrush Road being mapped as a single
> way which is two ways rather than two parallel ways, which would be more
> accurate.
> The median strip does not permit crossing traffic at every intersection,
> including the most southerly one which was misinterpreted by Navit.
> Is there sufficient detail on Nearmap to work out where the median strip
> is continuous across an intersection or does it need careful survey work?
>
> Liz

Franc