[talk-au] Wrong way round the roundabout

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 05:05:32 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My 2 cents: anything that is less important than tertiary is:
>
> 1) if it is a named/public road:
>  * residential if lined primarily with people's homes and used
> primarily by people accessing those homes
>  * unclassified otherwise
> 2) service otherwise (unnamed or restricted access)
>
> When I say "named/public" I mean it has a normal street sign and is
> accessible to the general public. I'm not suggesting this is a nice
> tagging scheme, but it's what I use, and at least it isn't "very hard
> to apply" here, IMHO.

What about service roads? They're lined with houses, and used primarily by
people accessing those homes. Surely highway=service.

Also, what about weird dinky little strets you sometimes get in suburbia
that are paved with red bricks or something equally creative, but are also
the primary means of access to houses? Residential or service?

Steve