[talk-au] MapOSMatic will now do any where...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:05:12 GMT 2009

2009/12/30 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> That's pretty impressive stuff. One "random map" that came up:
>
> http://maposmatic.org/rendered//004922_2009-12-28_08-34_GrenobleIsreRhneAlpesFrance.png
>
> I used to live right on the eastern edge of that map. Can't help but wonder
> if Australian cities will ever have that level of detail...

It's possible to get that level of detail anywhere in the world as
long as there is hi-res imagery for it, the biggest thing we lack is
human resources with enough time and skills to map things to that
degree. I was attempting to get Carnarvon to that level as a show
case, ie small area and to some extent we suceeded.

http://maposmatic.org/rendered//004989_2009-12-30_08-03_CarnarvonWA.png