[talk-au] Suburb boundaries

Darrin Smith beldin at beldin.org
Thu Feb 5 07:37:27 GMT 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:30:58 +1100
Franc Carter <franc.carter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have added an entry to the data catalogue at
>
>    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue#One-Time_Imports
>
> and the beginnings of page about the import at

Post codes and Electorals Boundaries map up nicely to a boundary
relation (especially given post codes align with suburb boundaries as
far as I know), however they will really test the limits of the area
model since they will be so much larger, and have many more points.

I was ponder about electoral boundaries a while back, and realised they
probably fall just about the 'council' level and should therefor have a
admin_level of 5. But lets worry about the suburbs first ;)