[talk-au] Suburb boundaries

Darrin Smith beldin at beldin.org
Fri Feb 13 12:32:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:21:11 +1100
Franc Carter <franc.carter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll have a think about whether  can I work out something clever to
> see how well postcode boundaries
> match suburb boundaries.
>
> I suspect I am not going to be able to process both the suburb and
> post code data together to get
> one nice import as the size of the data blows the memory on my
> machine away (4GB).

I wasn't meaning import the data together, just that a few people
taking the suburb boundary data and applying which postcode each suburb
is in could derive the postcode boundaries from that relatively easily.

Give some people who might not be able to get out and collect data
something constructive to do :)

--

=b