[talk-au] Suburb boundaries - getting close
franc.carter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 11:09:15 GMT 2009
Ok, it seems my conversion script is now producing sane results so it's time
to work out what the final output should look like.
The first question that I think we need to answer is, how do we represent
data in OSM, there appears to be 3 options:-
1. Closed ways
3. Borders with a left/right tag
Then we need to decide on what tags to apply to the data. The raw data has
* STATE_2006 A numerical identifier for the state the suburb is in
* SSC_2006 An identifier provided by the ABS
* NAME_2006 The name of the suburb, which may have the old name in
'()' after it.
So, my initial proposal for tags is:-
(with any old name
* source=Based_on_Australian_Bureau_of_Statistics _data (ABS ask for
The 'ABS' part is just a suggestion - It's a bit short for my liking
We also need to decide where these tags go - nodes, ways, relations. And if
we go for
the left/right approach a decision on how to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-au