[talk-au] Speed/red light cameras (Re: Camping/rest stop POIs)

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 02:14:11 GMT 2009

Hi.

I'm just catching up on some of my e-mail.

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Darren Osborne <darren.osborne at mac.com>wrote:

> BTW - There are sets of speed and redlight cameras POI files around.
> Have they been uploaded yet?

It seems there are issues with this as telling someone the location of fixed
speed cameras (or the like) is illegal in some countries. There were some
proposed tags for this, but they seem to have been condensed into an
"enforcement" relation.

This is still a proposed feature, and voting is currently under way. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Relation:enforcement

There are a number of waypoint files around for these, so once this is
sorted out it would be good to upload them. I'm pretty sure this is legal in
all Australian states.

  - Ben.