[talk-au] Adelaide out of copyright street directory

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jan 18 06:56:58 GMT 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Liz wrote:
> > Do maps fall under "published editions" or "artistic works"? Cos that
> > will make a 25 year difference...

No, I'm not a lawyer (phew)
we are certainly taking the view that a map is a collection of facts
and certainly not an artistic work
(although Steve did mention on legal-talk about one mapper's work of a Pommie
town that should have been considered an artistic work)
I've just scanned a 1979 Gregory's of Wollongong.
Do I put it on my server?
I once had a 1980 Adelaide directory but binned it years ago as it got me more
lost than was helpful. There should be directories which are old enough in
secondhand book shops.