[talk-au] Tagwatch

Rick ausrick at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 2 01:02:09 BST 2009

Rick Peterson wrote:
> Does anyone know if someone provides a Tagwatch excerpt for just Australia?

I'm guessing not !

My thoughts are that actual tag use and combination statistics are as
valuable (or more valuable) than theoretical tag suggestions. At the
very least, discussions on tags used in Australia can be based on
current actual usage.

Is anyone interested in looking at configuring the script to work with
an Australian OSM excerpt? (such as the daily extract at
http://osmaustralia.org/osmausextract.php)

I have no experience with Perl scripting but can find hosting for the
website to make it available to everyone.

I see that the main Tagwatch site ( http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/ )
hasn't updated since 11th June 2009, so the script could be broken with
implementation of the API 0.6

I'd be happy to work on this as a side project with any other interested
(especially script skilled) people.

Cheers :)