[talk-au] Updating the validator plugin...

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 15:56:37 BST 2009

--- On Sun, 5/7/09, Rick Peterson <ausrick at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> A different ticket addresses adding certain agreed keys to
> the preset
> menu, but is yet to be actioned.

I was never really worried about this issue, I was misled down this path when all I wanted was a way to have them not show warnings, one patch I coded has been accepted, the second patch extends on this and I don't think it has been incorporated yet.

> Other code changes outside of the ignore file address
> boundary ways,
> turning circles, no exits and abandoned railway tags.

This has also been accepted. #2794

> Perhaps you could clarify the changes that have been
> incorporated, and
> those that remain outstanding?

I think you have summed it up already.

> Great work John, thanks for your efforts, this will make
> the plugin so
> much more useful for Australian mappers by highlighting
> real errors
> that need addressing.

Well since I also added some US tags to the ignore list it won't just be Aussies that benefit but the OSM community as a whole, and others now have a way of getting tags ignored too.

As for the junction=roundabout issue, I came up with a solution to it as well, it can still throw a warning, but it will be in it's own tag group and the group can be ignored, this effectively ends up with the same result, it should also keep the JOSM guys in Germany happy and should get the patch accepted.