[talk-au] Street Abbv. patch for validator plugin

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 11:28:01 BST 2009

--- On Tue, 7/7/09, Rick Peterson <ausrick at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Agreed! ... I think they should show as errors
>
> To handle a situation like this, I would either;
>
> a) Completely separate the ways so as not to share any
> nodes (as the boundary ways were originally placed)

This way in particular was created when I was first getting into OSM, so is one of my beginner mistakes I've since fixed, along with the street abbreviations. :)

> b) be fully combined ..... the boundary way is parted and
> the parted section takes on the additonal tags of the way it
> is duplicating

This is actually what I ended up doing, it was a combination of a yahoo sat imagery and ABS boundary the boundary doesn't follow the road exactly, now at least, but is close enough for the most part.