[talk-au] Adopt-an-area

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jul 12 09:47:49 BST 2009

While most of OSM contributors are students and poor, some OSM contributors,
especially here, are not...

I'm making a suggestion for those who are not poor (students can ignore this)
that we could pick developing countries with mappers on the ground and provide
some assistance - advice on the map, help with data loggers and any other sort
of help.

I found one group had one GPS enabled phone between them and were running a
competition on "how many edits" to see who got the GPS next. That group has
accepted my offer of a data logger and one of the solar powered i-Blue PS-757
units will go over there - not a large cost to me but i think it will be a
bonus to them.

I know there is a complex UK administered gps loans system, and I could have
donated to that, but I'd rather adopt-an-area in a more personal way.

Liz