[talk-au] 4wd only road

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 10:18:44 BST 2009

--- On Sat, 18/7/09, b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au <b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au> wrote:

> it's carpark/picnic area. These are pretty much tracks
> (although some may argue for highway=service), are unpaved
> and are perfectly suitable for all cars.

I'm thinking of actual roads that wouldn't be deemed service as they are public roads, albeit very minor ones, that the shire hasn't bothered to gravel.

Also I've driven along safely in a car, unpaved tracks in national parks even if they are mostly traversed by 4wd's, but there is roads that can only be driven in a 4wd and are officially signed as such, due to clearence reasons, or sandy patches etc.