[talk-au] validator plugin updates

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 11:44:44 BST 2009

--- On Sat, 18/7/09, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> 15 "unnamed junction" (roundabouts)

It was done intentionally to get it accepted by the Germans, they weren't happy with unnamed junctions being ignored, all you have to do is ignore the whole group and you'll never see it again.

> 13 "unnamed unclassified highway" - includes short segments
> like bridges

This I don't have a good suggestion on what to do, I actually added the check to show unnamed unclassified highways, one step up from dirt tracks but they are mostly named. In the case of bridges I either use the bridge name or the highway name.

> 52 "highway without a reference" - the roads don't have
> reference numbers but
> the Eurocentric validator thinks that every secondary and
> tertiary road should
> have a reference.

Yup, which is why you just ignore the whole group, there is no way that I would be able to get the Germans to agree to removing the warning, just picking the battles I can win :)

> and lastly
> "presets do not contain property key"
> 3 Key 'charge' not in presets - that was some toilets
> (i know about dry_weather_road and old_ref)

This is what I was asking for in previous emails so I could submit patches for it.