[talk-au] Best linux mapping/routing setup

b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au
Sat Jul 18 13:23:31 BST 2009

It's *possible* to use JOSM, but you need to alt+click/drag a lot to move the window around. Usually I'd just plug it into an external monitor. Potlatch is useable, although the requirement of an Internet connection reduces it's usefulness.

I've never done routing with mine due to lack of a GPS which talks NMEA. The human mind does much better routing anyway :).

Brent