[talk-au] Potential bikeways data import from Logan City Council

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:30:05 BST 2009

Hi all,
I'm after some advice on a potential data source.

I've got a contact in Logan City Council (LCC) who seems open to the idea of
making data available for import into OpenStreetMap. At the moment, the data
in question regards bikeways, in the form of "standard MapInfo databases
based on Council mapping coordinates".

I have read the Import/Guidelines on the wiki, but further to them I was
wondering if someone with experience in data import would like to get on
board and help me in further negotiations, e.g. clarify exactly what we
would require from LCC (data formats, etc.) in order to make the process go
as smoothly as possible?

Oh, and if all goes well, bikeways would be, of course, just the first
step...

Cheers,
Roy