[talk-au] Best linux mapping/routing setup

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jul 21 02:10:27 BST 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> > a couple of years back I did communicate with the devs on IRC
> > once again you'll have to communicate with german speaking people
>
> At least with gpsdrive most of us speak english fairly well.
>
> gpsdrive currently does not have routing, however the next version will.
>
> I have it working on my version and waiting until 2.10 is completed then
> will add it into the svn for version 3.0
>
> It uses the gosmore routing and is intended that you can add any routing
> engine you want.
I downloaded gpsdrive, and it doesn't fit into the small screen size of the
eeepc700
I persevered and have a fix but it downloaded an expedia "map" not an osm map
I have lots of tiles for tangogps, but they are in a directory structure, and
not suited to flat file like gpsdrive appears to use

The version is v2.10pre4
how do i get it to use OSM?