[talk-au] Questions: faint and one-way walking tracks

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Wed Jul 22 13:05:45 BST 2009

I was at Wattle Flat (north of Bathurst NSW) last weekend doing a
couple of walks. Last time I was there 4-5 years ago I did a walking
track (I'm sure it was a track then), but now it's hard to see in many
places, or absent for large sections, but still tagged by yellow
arrows nailed to trees. I've got these questions:

1) For one walk, as the arrows are only placed on one side of the
trees, it is only possible to follow the arrows in one direction.
Should I use oneway=yes for this walk? (The track is non-existent for
this walk.)

2) What's the best tag to use (other than highway=footway) to mark a
track with no physical features on the ground (other than the arrows)?
I am thinking of either trail_visibility=good (as there are arrows
present) or trail_visibility=bad (or even trail_visibility=no) (as the
track is completely absent).

Mark P.
"They offered to transport me back to any point in history that I
would care to
  go, and so I had them send me back to last Thursday night, so I
could pay my
  phone bill on time."
  (Weird Al Yankovic, "Everything You Know Is Wrong")