[talk-au] slightly diff tag watch

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 07:01:21 BST 2009

As it may be painfully aware by now I've been playing around with the OSM/OSC data files, also it's not possible to pull the data back out of pgsql as osm2pgsql optimises it for mapnik.

So I ended up writing a bunch of code to get the info into mysql as I'm much more familiar with php/mysql than pgsql and I've written a kind of a tagwatch script that gets updated every 15 mins or so. Minutely change files are downloaded/imported and then this is the result:

http://maps.bigtincan.com/tagwatch/

Unlike the real tag watch, you can click to edit sections in potlatch/JOSM very easily, click through to the history of the way and so on. At the moment it's only showing way tags, but I plan to extend that to node and relation tags as well.

I'm storing things in MySQL more or less identically to the osm format which is why I went to this length in the first place and I once I have a script written I'll be able to dump the entire database back into OSM format which osm2navit can then use to create daily navit binaries.