[talk-au] maxheight/height

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 07:35:26 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM, John Smith<delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 28/7/09, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to like this idea. But the problem with this
>> is how to
>> define "that section of way", so as not to introduce a
>> maintenance
>
> You really don't want to pull on that thread, the same can be said for bridges or virtually any other reason a way is split, someone even made a comment about maxspeed splitting ways the other week.
>
> It's a much bigger discussion than maxheight and one that probably should be addressed and you would need to attack it as an overall problem, not just for one issue.

For maxspeed (your example), the restriction should be applied to the
section of way on which the restriction applies. For maxheight (I
would argue), the restriction should be applied to the section of way
on which the restriction applies - and for bridges, it applies under
the bridge, and under the bridge only.